Tips for Success......
In order to maximise marks for this section, you should aim to do a number of things:
- have TWO or THREE thesis statements, which convey your understanding of the module and elective. This allows you to bend your understanding to the question
- read the Comments from the Marking Centre on the BOSTES website. This will give you invaluable feedback and give you an idea of what stronger responses do
- ensure there is a balance in your analysis of the set texts. Remember, it is a COMPARATIVE study of texts.......you should therefore use words which compare and contrast the texts
- in your analysis of each text, you need to convey that you understand the relationship between the CONTEXT, IDEAS raised by the composer and the TEXT
- ensure that you convey and understanding of the purpose and audience of the respective composer
- convey that you have a detailed understanding of the text, by using quotes and examples to support your ideas AND analyse the language forms, features and structures present in the text and explain how these help to convey meaning.